Monday, June 10, 2013

Investing in Haiti / Changing Lives

 
Many of you know I have a passion for the country of Haiti.  You have supported my trips and efforts there with donations of supplies, finances and prayer.  You often ask me how things are going in Haiti and want updates.  The birth of my son and my wife's difficult pregnancy prolonged my visit back.  But I have had the opportunity to help here in the US.
 
As you may know unemployment in Haiti  is 80%.  The older boys that live at Good Rest Orphanage have completed trade schools - but the opportunity to "go get a job" just isn't there.  The result is more poverty and the older boys who want to get married, move out on there own and begin their life end up living at the orphanage instead. 
 
These are young men that I have personally worked with side by side with.  I know their abilities and desire to work.   They have gone to school and now need to find employment.  I have teamed up with Children's Heritage Foundation to help these young men begin their career.  Our plan I simple; we are working together to raise funds to help them start their own company.   But were not just giving them a hand out.  Its a business loan.  Once they've established their business they will begin to pay the loan back.  Those funds will then be used to finance the next set of trade school graduates at Good Rest Orphanage. 
 
These boys are not looking for a hand out.  I personally know what its like to get a helping hand and I know that I am where I am today as a result of those of helped me.  If you are interested in investing in these boys lives the return on your investment could be life changing.  The posts below are a cover letter and our business plan for this endeavor.  If you want to contribute you can contact me directly or review the business plan and see what  you think.  The final paragraph explains how to contribute.
 
 
Were looking for individuals who are will to contribute financially to this effort.  The funds received will go directly towards the start-up activities of the company.  We have a start date of July 15, 2013.  Please consider making an investment in the economic well-being of these young Haitians.  Please mail your contributions to Children’s Heritage Foundation and write “Haiti Construction Company” in the memo.  Children’s Heritage Foundation 991-C Lomas Santa Fe Drive, PMB 427 Solana Beach, CA 92075.



No comments:

Post a Comment