Thursday, October 22, 2009

letter to me from Congressman Duncan Hunter regarding the tax credit extension

Dear David:

Thank you for contacting me with your support for extending the homebuyer tax credit. I welcome the opportunity to respond to you on this issue.

I agree with you that the current $8,000 tax credit for first time buyers has had a positive effect on the housing market this year. You will be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of the Homebuyer Tax Credit Act of 2009, which would, in an effort to stimulate the nation's declining housing market, extend this credit and offer an increased $15,000 credit to all home purchases through 2010.

Like you, I believe that we must be aggressive in addressing the challenges in our housing market and I support providing tax credits for new homes. I agree with you, that stimulating the housing market is one of the best ways Congress can help accelerate the recovery of the economy. A tax credit for individuals to purchase new homes not only contributes to the real estate industry, but also stimulates the construction industry and creates jobs.

Please be assured that I will keep your specific thoughts in mind as we continue to discuss this issue in Congress. Thank you again for contacting me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
Duncan Hunter
Member of Congress

Please visit my website at hunter.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter and receive electronic updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment